Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84734members
354158posts

UPS: The load exceeds 100% of rated capacity. 0x0103

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
filnko_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

UPS: The load exceeds 100% of rated capacity. 0x0103

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/14/2016

Hello there,

we've got some serious problems with our 4 year old APC Smart-UPS 2200VA RM 2U LCD 230V.

Recently, the UPS shut off with the error in the subject. The load was only around 10% with one server and some network equipment connected. Nothing that should cause any problems.

I attached the event.txt - is there any additional info you need?

Thanks, Christoph 

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
filnko_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: UPS: The load exceeds 100% of rated capacity. 0x0103

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/15/2016

The batteries are quite new (5 months), but we bought them whitebox from another supplier (and they were brand new). We already had those problems with the old batteries - that's why we bought new ones.

Is there a way we can test the batteries? Should there be one battery with a different voltage that causes problems?

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
mitsmith_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/14/2016

Hi Christopher,

It seems like you have a bad battery in the unit. This sometimes throws off an overload alarm when you run a self test. How old is the battery? We typically say they last 3 to 5 years. 

-Mike

filnko_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/15/2016

The batteries are quite new (5 months), but we bought them whitebox from another supplier (and they were brand new). We already had those problems with the old batteries - that's why we bought new ones.

Is there a way we can test the batteries? Should there be one battery with a different voltage that causes problems?

Florian_Hofmann
Cadet
0 Likes

I have a good old Smart-UPS 2200 RM that has been working flawlessly for the last 6 years. My current batteries are approx 1 year old.

My unit now reports an overload after self test and shuts down immediately:

04/23/2022 07:57:12 UPS: A low battery condition no longer exists.
04/23/2022 07:57:12 UPS: The load exceeds 100% of rated capacity.
04/23/2022 07:57:10 UPS: The output power is turned off.
04/23/2022 07:57:09 UPS: The battery power is too low to continue to support the load; the UPS will shut down if input power does not return to normal soon.
04/23/2022 07:57:03 UPS: Started a self-test.

The usual load is around 30% so should be fine. I did some tests after restarting the UPS:

- self test without load        --> fine

- self test with 500W load   --> fine, but capacity/run time remaining is noticeably short - 10 minutes or so

- self test with 1kW load      --> fine, but capacity/run time extremely short below 2 minutes

- self test with the original workstation (30%)  --> instant shutdown with the error above and also noticeably louder humming

I do not understand why only on my workstation the unit shuts down immediately - it does the one thing it should prevent. Has it something to do with the type of load and its power factor? The 1 kW was a vacuum cleaner the 500W an amplifier.

Can someone recommend a good test for the single cells, in case only 1 or 2 are bad ?

Many thanks

Florian

Tags (1)