Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84297members
353446posts

UPS 9630 cards and Dynamic DNS / option 81

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
ducky_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/31/2010

I have several 9630 cards that can DHCP just fine (without specifying any of the option 43 stuff) but are not doing DNS resolution. Server 2008 here with dynamic updates set to always. I believe this is related to option 81, which the cards do not pass. Is APC considering supporting this option or does anyone have any tips? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
ducky_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I have several 9630 cards that can DHCP just fine (without specifying any of the option 43 stuff) but are not doing DNS resolution. Server 2008 here with dynamic updates set to always. I believe this is related to option 81, which the cards do not pass. Is APC considering supporting this option or does anyone have any tips? Thanks.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: UPS 9630 cards and Dynamic DNS / option 81

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/1/2010

here is what I found out:

APC is considering option 81 (FQDN) for our 5.2.x system ... this will be released next year some time.

We have added option 12 (FQDN) (which is similar in its use to 81) for the 5.1.5 AOS ... any app (such as sumx, sy3p, sy) with that AOS will support option 12. (hostname).

The soonest release of the 5.1.5 system is currently due out for the November time frame.

ducky_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes