Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84580members
353849posts

Surt D5000xl error codes

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Surt D5000xl error codes

This question was originally posted by brink on APC forums on 8/2/2011

Hi, I am in the process of repairing a mainboard for a SURTD5000XL UPS. The unit was initially dead. after replacing a faulty PWM and transistor and with new batteries I manage to get the beast to turn on. I now see some sort of error code on the LED display. Bypass LED + Fault LED + center LED (on batt charge bar). Is this a loading problem as I only have a monitor connected or a configuration problem or is my mainboard still faulty.I have tried some combinations on the buttons and manage to get the "online" led with "batt charge barr leds" on for about a secound before it changes back to the state metioned first.

a service manual or LED error code table would be very helpfull.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Surt D5000xl error codes

This reply was originally posted by brink on APC forums on 8/11/2011

Thanks, after your suggestion I went back to troubleshooting and found another transistor that breaks through as the unit start up, it was replaced today.

I am now able to turn the UPS on when not connected to mains and it runs purely off the batts. When I connect the mains the no-load condition led comes up "X" as well as the "bypass led". Bypass is not selected in front the slide switch is set to "online" By playing with the buttons I can get the unit to show online "~" with batt leds on but after 10 seconds it returns to the no load and bypass state with a short beebping sound.

I suspect now something on the primary side that is not connected, mains fuse or cable etc.

I am worried that I am loading it to lightly and that my input cannot provide enough current through the wires as I am using standard kettle cord to test, which is highly under rated for this model.

Have attached pics of online (running of batts no input supply) as well as when I have mains connected.

See Answer In Context

Attachments
2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/2/2011

is the UPS unloaded at this point? this generally requires a replacement but we don't do repair on them so i don't know what the cause is. the problem is indicated as PFC Failure and could be caused by many different things. it appears to relate to negative and positive DC busses having an issue with their voltage being out of range.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by brink on APC forums on 8/11/2011

Thanks, after your suggestion I went back to troubleshooting and found another transistor that breaks through as the unit start up, it was replaced today.

I am now able to turn the UPS on when not connected to mains and it runs purely off the batts. When I connect the mains the no-load condition led comes up "X" as well as the "bypass led". Bypass is not selected in front the slide switch is set to "online" By playing with the buttons I can get the unit to show online "~" with batt leds on but after 10 seconds it returns to the no load and bypass state with a short beebping sound.

I suspect now something on the primary side that is not connected, mains fuse or cable etc.

I am worried that I am loading it to lightly and that my input cannot provide enough current through the wires as I am using standard kettle cord to test, which is highly under rated for this model.

Have attached pics of online (running of batts no input supply) as well as when I have mains connected.

Attachments