Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84525members
353766posts

SmartUPS 3000 XL runtime test without network management card?

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Malloc_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

SmartUPS 3000 XL runtime test without network management card?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/27/2011

I have a SmartUPS 3000 XL that is two years old. We have had occasional power outages in our building and the UPS has been working fine until this week. We had an outage that lasted 5-10 seconds and the network switch that was being powered by the UPS did not survive. The switch has dual power supplies, one I have plugged into the wall and one that is on the UPS. When the switch went down, I checked on the UPS and the front panel showed that the battery was entirely drained. Later that night after the batteries showed they were charged again, I unplugged utility power, making it run entirely on the UPS and this time I let it run for 3-4 minutes and the battery indicator only went down one notch.

Is there a way to do an extended runtime test, even though I don't have any add-in management cards? The test button shows that everything is fine, but I'm concerned that I'll lose this switch again. My next step is to just unplug the UPS from the wall and see how long it lasts, since the switch won't go entirely down with the second power supply in the wall, but wondered if there was a more elegant way to do this.

Accepted Solutions
juangele_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: SmartUPS 3000 XL runtime test without network management card?

Sure Malloc! Please let us know if you need further assistance. Have a great weekends!

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
juangele_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Hi Malloc,

Do you have external battery pack connected to this UPS?

I would suggest you to have the [PowerChute Business Edition|http://www.apc.com/tools/download/index.cfm] to a computer connected thru serial (PN:940-0024/1524) or with a USB cable on the UPS. Thru the software you should see the runtime that the UPS can provide for a specific amount of load when there's a power disturbance. Also, you may run a self test to check the capacity of the batteries.

I hope this gives you an idea.

Malloc_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Thanks. No external battery packs.

I'll see if we have the right cables and give that a try.

juangele_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Sure Malloc! Please let us know if you need further assistance. Have a great weekends!