Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84263members
353369posts

Smart Ups 1500 Va requires battery replacement after only 1 year?

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Smart Ups 1500 Va requires battery replacement after only 1 year?

This question was originally posted by Gianluca on APC forums on 12/11/2011

In 2005 I bought my Apc smart ups 1500Va and everything was perfect since september 2010 when I had to replace battery. I ordered it online through the official Apc store in Europe (I live in Italy), I replaced my old battery and again everything was fine since 2 weeks ago when my ups failed battery auto-test but apparently every battery led was on indicating a complete battery charge. Every 5 hours autotest failed (and battery replacement led was always on). Yesterday battery replacement led began flashing with a beep sound every 2 seconds. I'm on Osx operating system and I'm not able to disable the beep. Very disturbing.
Is it possible that my battery needs replacement after only 1 year while the first battery lasted 5 years?
Anything I can try before go to another replacement?
Thank you

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Smart Ups 1500 Va requires battery replacement after only 1 year?

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 12/12/2011

Good day Gianluca,

The problem that your UPS is showing now is what do we call as Battery Disconnected error. Though there is a battery installed on your UPS, the product fails to detect it. This can be caused by a bad battery or a faulty battery charger. If you know someone who owns the same UPS you could try to swap out batteries to determine if it follow the unit or the battery.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Gianluca on APC forums on 12/11/2011

Model is SUA1500I
AS0550232951

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 12/12/2011

Good day Gianluca,

The problem that your UPS is showing now is what do we call as Battery Disconnected error. Though there is a battery installed on your UPS, the product fails to detect it. This can be caused by a bad battery or a faulty battery charger. If you know someone who owns the same UPS you could try to swap out batteries to determine if it follow the unit or the battery.