Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84783members
354229posts

Smart UPS SC620 problem

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
mitko_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Smart UPS SC620 problem

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/1/2018

From 3-20 min next start the Smart UPS SC620 with a new battery, he's flashing together "On Line" and "On Battery" LED-s  and stop working. Any information is welcome. Thank you at advance.

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Smart UPS SC620 problem

This reply was originally posted by Liam on APC forums on 3/19/2018

Hi Mitko- 

This would likely indicate an internal fault of the UPS.  If the unit is still under warranty you can contact your local tech support team.

Thanks,

Liam

See Answer In Context

7 Replies 7
SamirD_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/2/2018

Did you use the right battery?  Is it an genuine APC replacement?

mitko_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/2/2018

Thank you for the interest. I think I'm use a good new battery, not an original APC. When I connected an auto-battery , the UPS charge hi up to 14.2 V , work more 36 h and next stop with flashing LEDs . The load was a 60W bulb.

Attachments
SamirD_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/10/2018

I would try using a genuine apc battery replacement first as I've seen lackluster performance and weird things like flashing lights that shouldn't after a proper battery replacement.  I've never seen these issues with an apc battery replacement.  I believe the correct apc battery part number is RBC4.

mitko_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/11/2018

Thank you very much , Samir. I'm wonder if all APC UPS-es working only with genuine APC batteries !  I'm connected 3 type different new batteries , the problem is same next ~3-30 h . Because we've 4  defective APC UPS-es (SC420/620/) I'll go away from this trade mark 🙂 

SamirD_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/12/2018

In my experience, APC UPSs work best with APC batteries, but that doesn't mean they require APC batteries as there is nothing preventing other brand batteries from working.  It is just that cheaper batteries are generally not as well made and lower quality batteries bring their own problems no matter what brand UPS.  

Batteries are not all the same--just price a Panasonic battery of the same size versus some of the cheaper alternatives and you will see even a 200% difference in price on the battery alone.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Liam on APC forums on 3/19/2018

Hi Mitko- 

This would likely indicate an internal fault of the UPS.  If the unit is still under warranty you can contact your local tech support team.

Thanks,

Liam

PVasileff
Cadet
0 Likes

@mitko_apc,Did you clarify what cause this problem, because exactly the same thing happened to me оn my SC620 before 4 days? UPS working 1 year without any issues. I am with battery: CSB-GP12120-12V/12Ah

Tags (1)