Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82552members
350163posts

Smart-UPS SC620 not recognised in Windows 8 Device Manager

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

arn124_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Smart-UPS SC620 not recognised in Windows 8 Device Manager

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/15/2013

Hello all,

This is my first post on the forum, so please be gentle!

I have a Smart-UPS SC620 (240V). Previously I had it connected to a Lenovo tower PC  via serial cable and managed it via PCBE.

Recently I upgraded this PC to Windows 8 and was hoping to simplify management of my UPS by using PowerChute Personal edition.

Initially I attempted to use the serial-serial cable supplied with the UPS with a generic Serial-USB adapter and the Prolific PL2303 driver. PCPE repeatedly failed to install as it was unable to locate the APC UPS.

I then purchased an APC Smart Signalling Cable AP9833. This is recognised in Device Manager as "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port", although there is a persistent exclamation mark against the icon and the error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10) A device which does not exist was specified." appears in Device Status. No battery or UPS is shown in Device Manager, and obviously I have been unable to get PCPE to install, with the same error message as before.

Please can someone advise whether it is in fact possible to connect my UPS via USB, and if so which is the correct cable. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks for your help.1456_Device Manager.png