Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82556members
350165posts

Smart UPS 750 Will not power up and all LEDS flash continually

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Fozzie_Bear_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/31/2010

Hi,
I would appreciate some advice to allow me to make a decision on scrapping a Smart-UPS 750. I acquired this with a batch of PCs from my old employer. The UPS was purchased in 2005 and is still in it original packaging and has never been used as according to the IT department the fault I describe below was there from new. For some reason the unit, which was purchased from Dell, was never returned under warranty.
The fault is that the unit will not power up. When plugged in it emits a regular beep and all the LEDs (battery level, load level and indicator lamps) on the front flash continuously with the beep.
In the paperwork is the quality assurance test dated 9/20/04 which shows it passed all QA tests, so something must have happened in transit
The model no is DLA750I and the serial no QS0439140109. If it is a battery problem I would consider buying two more batteries but If forum members think there is a underlying technical fault then it may not be worth repairing in relation to the cost of a new one with a warranty.
It just seems a waste to junk it.

Accepted Solutions
Fozzie_Bear_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Hi,
I would appreciate some advice to allow me to make a decision on scrapping a Smart-UPS 750. I acquired this with a batch of PCs from my old employer. The UPS was purchased in 2005 and is still in it original packaging and has never been used as according to the IT department the fault I describe below was there from new. For some reason the unit, which was purchased from Dell, was never returned under warranty.
The fault is that the unit will not power up. When plugged in it emits a regular beep and all the LEDs (battery level, load level and indicator lamps) on the front flash continuously with the beep.
In the paperwork is the quality assurance test dated 9/20/04 which shows it passed all QA tests, so something must have happened in transit
The model no is DLA750I and the serial no QS0439140109. If it is a battery problem I would consider buying two more batteries but If forum members think there is a underlying technical fault then it may not be worth repairing in relation to the cost of a new one with a warranty.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Fozzie_Bear_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Hi,