Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84449members
353654posts

Smart-UPS 3000 RM X very warm, even when off

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
RChadwick_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Smart-UPS 3000 RM X very warm, even when off

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/29/2015

I've got a Smart-UPS 3000 that has been off for a few months. However, the internal temperature is 92 degrees! My office is pretty cold, and the UPS directly below it (That is in use) is 67 degrees. The computer above it in the rack is off, and cold to the touch. The unit physically feels warm. The battery is fine, and has passed diags. I thought that turning the unit on might turn a fan on, so I turned the unit on, and it went up to 93 degrees.

Is this normal? Any way to configure this to not waste so much electricity while off? Any way to keep this from baking the batteries?

Accepted Solutions
RChadwick_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: Smart-UPS 3000 RM X very warm, even when off

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/4/2015

The battery is a few years old. I did a runtime test, and the battery seems fine. It was in the rack, plugged in, but turned off. The battery was connected.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/29/2015

Hmm, how old is this system/battery? I can tell by the first six digits of the UPS serial number if you have it.

Was the UPS plugged in while it was turned off (and thus continued to charge the battery) or specifically, how was the UPS and battery stored? (Meaning was the UPS plugged in or not and was the internal battery connected or not during storage.)

RChadwick_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/4/2015

The battery is a few years old. I did a runtime test, and the battery seems fine. It was in the rack, plugged in, but turned off. The battery was connected.