Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82798members
350632posts

Smart-UPS 1500 passed away

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Rorschack_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Smart-UPS 1500 passed away

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/13/2017

Dear Friends, firstly I beg your pardon for having no knowledge of Smart-UPS management. Here is my problem:

I tried to re-activate my Smart-UPS 1500 after 3 years of unconnecting from power-plug. My mistake: I did not disconnect the battery years ago, so it was drained. My UPS is now totally dead (no beeps, no lights etc) when I connect it to power surge, so I think that, even if I install a brand new battery, it will remain dead. Can I hope to resurrect my UPS? Can you suggest me diagnostic procedures in order to find if the UPS itself is not working? I am ready to buy a new battery, but I do not want to waste my money finding that my Smart-UPS does not work at all.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Sergio "the beginner"

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: Smart-UPS 1500 passed away

Your SUA1500 absolutely must have a good battery connected or it won't power up.

It's very probably perfectly fine. These are very reliable and well made units.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/13/2017

Hi,

What is the exact model number and serial number of the UPS?

You will find the model and serial on a bar code sticker that im most cases is on the back of the UPS.

Attachments
Rorschack_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Model Number: SUA1500I

Serial Number: AS0607122649

Thanks again 🙂

PS I contacted APC support by phone and the support team member helped me to reset to factory default... without any result... my old faithful Smart-UPS remained dead... no life sign with and without power surge connected. Does have my UPS a small backup battery like the BIOS battery of my PC? If so, that battery could be drained too

UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Your SUA1500 absolutely must have a good battery connected or it won't power up.

It's very probably perfectly fine. These are very reliable and well made units.