Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84593members
353860posts

Smart-UPS 1500 - UPS: On battery power in response to distorted input.

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
pforum86_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Smart-UPS 1500 - UPS: On battery power in response to distorted input.

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/1/2015

Our Smart-UPS 1500 gave an error "UPS: On battery power in response to distorted input."

Here's the data log for the device. The error happened around 8:15am:

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Smart-UPS 1500 - UPS: On battery power in response to distorted input.

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 7/6/2015

Hi Paul,

Okay, so I don't see anything abnormal in the log files. I need more detail on what the issue is or what exactly happened that you don't think should've. From what I can tell, you had a few power blips and the UPS went to battery briefly as it should've and I don't see any other indication of any problems. 

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 7/1/2015

Hi Paul - what is your question here? The UPS went to battery power which it seems as though between 8:11 and 8:21, your UPS showed 0.00V for input voltage. It seems as though you had a normal power outage and the UPS notified you.

Let us know if you have a question or issue but what you've shared is a normal occurence during a power outage.

pforum86_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I apologize. I had a question about the error that occured.  Did we receive the error because of the power outage or something else?  It appears the battery failed upon the power outage.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 7/1/2015

Hi Paul,

Yes, that is the message you receive when the UPS goes onto battery power due to an input power problem/outage.

What do you mean specifically by "failed?" Like your equipment turned off or did the UPS battery report as bad?

Could you provide the full event.txt/data.txt logs for review? You can export them using the little floppy disk icon on each the event and data log pages. (Detailed instructions here-> http://www.apc.com/support/index?page=content&country=ITB〈=en&locale=en_US&id=FA156131)

pforum86_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thank you.

Here are the Event/Data logs 🙂

Attachments
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 7/6/2015

Hi Paul,

Okay, so I don't see anything abnormal in the log files. I need more detail on what the issue is or what exactly happened that you don't think should've. From what I can tell, you had a few power blips and the UPS went to battery briefly as it should've and I don't see any other indication of any problems.