Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82579members
350214posts

Smart UPS 1400 (SU1400RMNET) Nominal Battery Voltage

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
fettinger_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Smart UPS 1400 (SU1400RMNET) Nominal Battery Voltage

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/16/2011

I recently received a Smart UPS the university was recycling. It seams to have some issues but I would like to restore it if possible. The unit came with batteries, but they are unmarked and unlabelled. I was wondering what is the fully charged nominal voltage of the battery pack (RBC8). I noticed there are 4 batteries in a series/parallel combination, which leads me to believe it should be 24V, but I wanted to be sure before ruling this out as a potential cause to the problem.

To clarify, what should the voltage read if I were to measure the contacts connected to the board itself, leading to the batteries?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Smart UPS 1400 (SU1400RMNET) Nominal Battery Voltage

This reply was originally posted by Dakota on APC forums on 11/17/2011

24 Volts Is Acceptable But Low For APC Ups

The batteries fully charged should be at 27.5 Volts

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
fettinger_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/17/2011

Thanks for the help with the battery voltage.

On this unit, (Board 640-0732H Rev 8 Copyright 1996), what goes between jumpers labelled W3 and W4. On the reverse side, it is labelled RY5?

If it is not proprietary information, does anybody have a copy of the circuit/board layout diagram for this board? This would really help me isolate the root cause.

Thanks.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Dakota on APC forums on 11/18/2011

APC won't give diagrams but what is the ups doing???

fettinger_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/18/2011

It is not starting up correctly.
I have measured 120VAC across W3 and W4.
If anybody has the similar model, could you take a look inside and tell me what is suppose to be there.

Thanks

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Dakota on APC forums on 11/17/2011

24 Volts Is Acceptable But Low For APC Ups

The batteries fully charged should be at 27.5 Volts