Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84438members
353638posts

Shutdown Investigation

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Shutdown Investigation

This question was originally posted by Osama on APC forums on 3/2/2017

All,

http://forums.apc.com/spaces/7/ups-management-devices-powerchute-software/forums/general/12805/how-t...

With reference to my last post PowerChute is successfully work for environment Threshold reaches 30 Centigrade.

We also have configured low battery.

Now I am confused how can i dig out on which activity PowerChute Work 1) On Low Battery 2) High Temperature Threshold.

In my opinion Server Shutdown due to 2) High Temperature Threshold

Can Also guide me if i am correct Low Battery Threshold is 10%

All Screen Shots are attached

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Shutdown Investigation

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/2/2017

Hi,

PowerChute will trigger a shutdown based on your settings. You have configured "Temperature Probe 1 out of range" to trigger a shutdown so if the temperature is out of range a shutdown will occur. You have set the low battery threshold on the NMC to 2 minutes so if the runtime of the UPS falls below 2 minutes a signal will be sent to PowerChute and a shutdown will be triggered.

I recommend increase the low battery threshold to be a minimum of 2 minutes grater than the amount of time that is required to have the computer system/s power down gracefully. 

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Shutdown Investigation

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/2/2017

Hi,

PowerChute will trigger a shutdown based on your settings. You have configured "Temperature Probe 1 out of range" to trigger a shutdown so if the temperature is out of range a shutdown will occur. You have set the low battery threshold on the NMC to 2 minutes so if the runtime of the UPS falls below 2 minutes a signal will be sent to PowerChute and a shutdown will be triggered.

I recommend increase the low battery threshold to be a minimum of 2 minutes grater than the amount of time that is required to have the computer system/s power down gracefully.