Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82516members
350118posts

SURT5000XLI FAULT

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
nighthunter_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

SURT5000XLI FAULT

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/30/2012

I have 3 UPS SURT5000XLI, two of them stopped with LEDs flashing like this:

Fault LED + 3rd and 5th Battery LED from top to bottom

Fault LED + 2nd and 4th Battery LED from top to bottom

Does anyboby know the meaning of these error codes?

I really appreciate your help
Thanks in advance!

Message was edited by: nighthunter

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: SURT5000XLI FAULT

This reply was originally posted by Liam on APC forums on 4/10/2019

Hi Katongo,

This error message indicates a Battery Capacitor Soft Start Fault. If the UPS made a bang sound when the fault occurred there is likely component damage and the unit needs to be replaced. I would consult your local tech support team for further assistance.

Thanks

Liam

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/2/2013

Fault LED + 3rd and 5th Battery LED from top to bottom
This appears to indicate a battery charger fault
Fault LED + 2nd and 4th Battery LED from top to bottom
This is an output relay failure.

both situations most likely require a replacement in my experience but if they are under warranty, i'd pursue contacting tech support to verify. even if they are out of warranty, tech support in your region can help verify there is no way to clear them. usually if they are recoverable, you'd never get the alarms in the first place because the UPS would recover.

it also may help to review the logs from the preinstalled network management card.

nighthunter_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/2/2013

Thanks for answering, but unfortunately I made a mistake, the 2nd and 5th battery LEDs are flashing, sorry.
By the way, how can I get the logs from the network management card? Using PowerChute Business Edition? How?
I'm a begineer on this...

Model: SURTD5000XLI
Serial number: NS0930012134

Thank you again Angela for your help

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/3/2013

2nd and 5th indicates an issue with the bypass relay.

first thing I would do is verify the preinstalled network management card is still installed in your UPS. go to the back of the UPS and you should see it installed in the smartslot. here is a picture for reference -> http://www.apc.com/products/moreimages.cfm?partnum=SURTD5000XLI (the network management card is the device with the network jack on the bottom right and corner of the picture).

you'll need to set that up in order to get the logs (which are still collected even if you've never configured it). i would first verify that you see LEDs on the network management card and tell me what colors you see on them and if they are solid and flashing. one LED is the link LED that says 10/100 next to it and the other is the status LED with a checkmark and an X next to it. that one is most important. also, it should say AP9619 on it or AP9631. please let me know which one it is. if the card has been configured, it will most likely have a solid green status LED. if you arent sure what the IP address is, we'd most likely need to get the appropriate serial cable and connect to the card that way unless you know its using DHCP and can get the MAC address off the card and check your DHCP client list. (the MAC is on a sticker on the card).

here are the set up instructions we use. www.apc.com/site/support/index.cfm/faq/ -> search for FA156064

AP9619 is an NMC1 and AP9631 is an NMC2. based on the serial number of your UPS, I am guessing it will be an AP9619 NMC1 in there.

hope that helps get you started.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Katongo on APC forums on 4/10/2019

Hi Angel, i have a similar issue with an surt 5kva. the fault code is 01100. kindly advise what i can tell the client. the unit just produced a bang during the failure time.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Liam on APC forums on 4/10/2019

Hi Katongo,

This error message indicates a Battery Capacitor Soft Start Fault. If the UPS made a bang sound when the fault occurred there is likely component damage and the unit needs to be replaced. I would consult your local tech support team for further assistance.

Thanks

Liam