Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84705members
354089posts

SRT-5000 - Input voltage or frequency problem prevents switching to bypass

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
HowcoScott_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

SRT-5000 - Input voltage or frequency problem prevents switching to bypass

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/18/2020

Hi,

We've started to receive the following events on one of our SRT-5000 devices. Nothing has changed at all with the connected load or the UPS itself. There was some electrical work carried out on site a week or so ago, but I'm not sure if that could be a contributing factor. I'm hoping that someone could please take a look at a subset of the data and event logs and suggest a possible cause for the issue? I'm far from being an expert with these devices so any help would be very much appreciated.

Power Settings:

mDkW4K5HMlUo0pUOn74fuw%3D%3D&Rest-Api-Key=d3Bhc3F1aWw6NjM3MzU2MWEtNzYzMC00OTc5LTkyMTAtOTJjYTU0NGEwZWFl.png

I've attached the data and event logs for a 24 hour period. If you need more information then please let me know.

Edit: I also meant to ask about the effect this would have in the event of a power outage. Would the UPS have any issues switching to battery and back in the event of a power interruption\outage? Would it still charge and run normally afterwards?

Many Thanks,

Scott.

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
HowcoScott_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: SRT-5000 - Input voltage or frequency problem prevents switching to bypass

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/21/2020

Matt,

Many thanks for the explanation. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I'll get in touch with our facilities folk and see what they say.

Thanks again,

S.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Matt on APC forums on 4/21/2020

Hi Scott

This notification is just letting you know the quality of the utility power isn't good enough to be relied upon for bypass operation, there seems to be voltage or frequency fluctuations. If it was bad enough the UPS would go onto battery, so switching to battery is not a problem, however if the UPS needed to go to battery and fully disharged, and the utility power quality hadn't improved it wouldn't be able to go to battery and the output would shut off

Regards

Matt 

HowcoScott_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/21/2020

Matt,

Many thanks for the explanation. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I'll get in touch with our facilities folk and see what they say.

Thanks again,

S.