Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84570members
353838posts

SNMP Console Port Server AP9302

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Tomehb_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

SNMP Console Port Server AP9302

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/11/2008

APC-AP9302-Linux V_2.3.0-2 (Jun/06/05)

I'm attempting to configure SNMP, how ever its just not working and i have no idea why..

I have tried two different cominitues and have configured both from the web interface and the CLI inteface, and its failed to work..

rwcommunity sugar 192.8.192.0/18
rocommunity public 192.8.192.0/18

Then to test it i tried

"snmpwalk -v 2c -c public C2Serial1-APC-XXX"

and i got a timeout response..

Any ideas on what i could be doing wrong?

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: SNMP Console Port Server AP9302

Can you please verify what your Security Profile is set to under the Security menu?

Also, could you provide some screen captures of your Network -> SNMP menu, as well as your Administration -> System information screen? Have you set up any SNMP traps for notification on any of the serial ports in use with the CPS?

Finally, have you tried getting some SNMP data from the CPS using a utility like getIf instead of a console command?

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
Tomehb_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/12/2008

Erasmus wrote:
Can you please verify what your Security Profile is set to under the Security menu?
I cant access this Security Menu within the CLI or the web interface, guessing its becauce i have an old firmware version?

Also, could you provide some screen captures of your Network -> SNMP menu, as well as your Administration -> System information screen?
See Attached
Have you set up any SNMP traps for notification on any of the serial ports in use with the CPS?
No, do i need to?
Finally, have you tried getting some SNMP data from the CPS using a utility like getIf instead of a console command?
Nope, but i could do any utilites that you suggest for Ubuntu?

Attachments
Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Also, could you provide some screen captures of your Network -> SNMP menu, as well as your Administration -> System information screen? Have you set up any SNMP traps for notification on any of the serial ports in use with the CPS?