Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84595members
353860posts

SMX 1500 vs SMT1500

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
markgca_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

SMX 1500 vs SMT1500

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/13/2016

i am in need of a new ups, but i want to get the right one.  i need about 800-900 watts, and run time of about 5-10 minutes (just enough to gracefully power things down)

Both the SMX1500 and SMT1500 would seem to work, but the price difference is substantial; what am i missing?

i know the SMT model is rack mount which isnt needed at this point; are there any other differences?  i cant tell from the specs; not sure what to look for.

im running 3 small nas boxes/servers and a desktop computer; power seems to be under 500 watts typically 

thanks,

mark

Accepted Solutions
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: SMX 1500 vs SMT1500

SMX is expandable with external battery packs for additional runtime. SMT is not.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: SMX 1500 vs SMT1500

SMX is expandable with external battery packs for additional runtime. SMT is not.