Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84512members
353735posts

SMART-UPS 1500 E-mail configuration

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
KissMyAsthma13_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

SMART-UPS 1500 E-mail configuration

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/8/2016

Hello

I'm just wondering on how to configure e-mail notifications for some events.

Here is my issue.

http://i.imgur.com/Cf3HGsa.png

What is here considered SMTP server?

For example If I want to use gmail SMTP server would be smtp-relay.gmail.com ?

And in E-mail authentication I'd put e-mail account info?

Thanks for replying

EDIT: Tried it out but no event e-mails have been sent. UPS is connected to server via USB.

Do I need to connect UPS to Ethernet ( Noticed there is something like Ethernet)

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: SMART-UPS 1500 E-mail configuration

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/30/2016

Hi,

On 3/30/2016 4:48 AM, Franco said:

I want to know if I can configure UPS email notification with PowerChute Business Edition and then shut down PC with software and will UPS notify in case of power failure? Or do I need PC with PowerChute Business Edition in order to notify?

You need PC with PowerChute running. PowerChute is the application the sends the e-mail. If you purchase a Smart-UPS that accepts a network management card you can configure the card to send an e-mail so it is not necessary for the PC or PowerChute to be running. 

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/8/2016

Hi,

To configure PowerChute Business Edition E-mail with Gmail you need to run PowerChute version 9.2. With version 9.2 I have used these settings. 

• SMTP server name: smtp.gmail.com
  • SMTP port: 465
  • SMTP SSL/TLS: TLS
  • Authentication user name: your Gmail address
  • Authentication  password: your password

PowerChute version 9.2 is compatible with these Smart-UPS SMC, SMT, SMX, SURTD, SRT

See Kbase FA249593 for more information or read the PowerChute Help file. 

fgraffi_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/30/2016

Hi,

I want to know if I can configure UPS email notification with PowerChute Business Edition and then shut down PC with software and will UPS notify in case of power failure? Or do I need PC with PowerChute Business Edition in order to notify?

Cheers,

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/30/2016

Hi,

On 3/30/2016 4:48 AM, Franco said:

You need PC with PowerChute running. PowerChute is the application the sends the e-mail. If you purchase a Smart-UPS that accepts a network management card you can configure the card to send an e-mail so it is not necessary for the PC or PowerChute to be running.