Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84729members
354149posts

Replacement Front-Panel Clips for SUA750XL, SUA1500, SMT1500?

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
jeffsf_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Replacement Front-Panel Clips for SUA750XL, SUA1500, SMT1500?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/1/2016

Thanks to the great support here, I've got a new-to-me lot of various SmartUPS units recalibrated and mainly running smoothly for when the winter storms cut the power here at the house.

Unfortunately, several have partially or completely loose front panels due to the weakening and/or failure of the metal spring clips that retain the plastic panel tabs in the slots of the chassis front. There are four of them and they are about 3/8" wide and allow the tab to insert into the metal chassis about 3/8"

I haven't found quite the right part out there yet.

Chasing this down, they look a lot like Tinnerman Trim Clips, like the D98597-030M, but probably a different size (for example at http://www.trfastenings.com/pages/Tinnerman+Standard)

If you know a source for replacements or even the proper part, I'd definitely appreciate it!

Thanks!

Jeff

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions
mitsmith_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: Replacement Front-Panel Clips for SUA750XL, SUA1500, SMT1500?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/4/2016

Hi Jeff,

So I did some digging and I believe I know the metal parts you are talking about. The part number is 877-0071A-001. However, We do not sell those individually. You would have to buy the whole bezel. I do want to make sure that we are talking about the same part though. Can oyu take a picture of it and where it is in relation to the unit as a whole.

Thanks,

Mike

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
mitsmith_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: Replacement Front-Panel Clips for SUA750XL, SUA1500, SMT1500?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/4/2016

Hi Jeff,

So I did some digging and I believe I know the metal parts you are talking about. The part number is 877-0071A-001. However, We do not sell those individually. You would have to buy the whole bezel. I do want to make sure that we are talking about the same part though. Can oyu take a picture of it and where it is in relation to the unit as a whole.

Thanks,

Mike