Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and we have a new, shorter address that's easier to remember. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82635members
350283posts

Quick question on Smart Ups 1400

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
leadhead_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Quick question on Smart Ups 1400

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/5/2007

I have two of them.

Is it possible, if they have bad batteries that they will not turn on at all? They are both doing this, and I dont have a good battery to put in them to test out. I would like to know before hand because I would like to buy batteries for them if I know they will work when I install the new batteries.

I have basically reset their breakers and tried to push the powerbutton and nothing.. no lights no alarms.

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
leadhead_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Quick question on Smart Ups 1400

Nope, these are fairly old. Thank you for the quick response, that was exactly what I needed to know.

- Leadhead

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
EZ_Button_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

That is correct... If that unit doesn't have a battery or a good battery connected, it will not power on. The batteries are still hot swappable during battery replacement however. Some of the newer models starting with (SUA) in the model number will turn on w/o a battery connected.

leadhead_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Nope, these are fairly old. Thank you for the quick response, that was exactly what I needed to know.

- Leadhead