Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82670members
350381posts

Problems with SMART-UPS 3000 RM | Battery discharged and communication lost

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Douglaster_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Problems with SMART-UPS 3000 RM | Battery discharged and communication lost

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/26/2011

Hi there my friends !

I manage to get an su3000RM3 for cheap.

After years of great service, the unit started to require new batteries, wich i acquired and installed.

The question is, even after replacing (on-the-fly) the batteries an let then recharge (for 8 hours straight) i ran the callibration test and it immediately beeped, showing the "Battery Discharged" warning.

am i doing something wrong ? I've carefully replace the batteries and everything.

Also, im using a (clone maybe?) prolific USB->Serial converter to talk to the unit, and after sometime (1 hour or more) of idleness, i lost the communication and i have to restart the APC service to reconnect to the unit !

Thanks for the help

Accepted Solutions
Douglaster_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Problems with SMART-UPS 3000 RM | Battery discharged and communication lost

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/27/2011

Hi Douglaster, what type of batteries did you purchase for this unit (were the APC batteries and if so what was the part number).

-- It came with C3 12v 7.2a batteries, and i purchase the new ones from an local batteries manufacturer (http://www.globalpower.com.br/)

You could verify again that the batts are in fact securely connected and once connected have been charged.

i've tri-checked then already =[

In regards to the usb to serial, how exact are you communicated with the unit (via Hyperterminal, or by some APC software)?

APC Powerchute, the os is win 7 64bit.

This afternoon, i will try disconnect all devices, remove the batteries and let it stay without any power for 3 hours, lets see if this will work it out.

Also, the prolific drivers aren't the problem, since if i restart the apc service it come back online instantly

Thanks for the help guys !

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
R2_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hi Douglaster, what type of batteries did you purchase for this unit (were the APC batteries and if so what was the part number). You could verify again that the batts are in fact securely connected and once connected have been charged. In regards to the usb to serial, how exact are you communicated with the unit (via Hyperterminal, or by some APC software)?

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 4/27/2011

In addition to what R2 has said, make sure that you have the most recent updated USB driver for your Prolific (if this is what you are using).

Douglaster_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi Douglaster, what type of batteries did you purchase for this unit (were the APC batteries and if so what was the part number).

-- It came with C3 12v 7.2a batteries, and i purchase the new ones from an local batteries manufacturer (http://www.globalpower.com.br/)

You could verify again that the batts are in fact securely connected and once connected have been charged.

i've tri-checked then already =[

In regards to the usb to serial, how exact are you communicated with the unit (via Hyperterminal, or by some APC software)?

APC Powerchute, the os is win 7 64bit.

This afternoon, i will try disconnect all devices, remove the batteries and let it stay without any power for 3 hours, lets see if this will work it out.

Also, the prolific drivers aren't the problem, since if i restart the apc service it come back online instantly

Thanks for the help guys !