Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82508members
350112posts

PowerShute Agents - What are they and how do I add them?

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
pjamies_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

PowerShute Agents - What are they and how do I add them?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/30/2017

Hello,

I am new to this and have a test APC UPS (SMT1500R2X180 with a AP9630 Management card) to play with for a week or so..

I have installed the Powershute Network Shutdown 4.2.0 application on a Win2008 server and configured it (the best of my ability)

I have configured the APC UPS, which the PS (Powershute) software sees, but I am not sure if the APC ups is supposed to be a registered

agent or not? (it says that it cannot find any registered agents with network management cards)

Any ideas?

I am including a pic, in which you can see that the PS s/w does see the APC ups (192.168.99.186)

Any help would be great .. thx

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
pjamies_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: PowerShute Agents - What are they and how do I add them?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/3/2017

Hello,

Yes, I figured it out it was a login issue..

Thx for your help

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/31/2017

Paul,

The issue is when PCNS poles the NMC for the Agent information it is not being returned. To verify the PCNS Agent is communicating with the NMC check the Event log for any communication messages. The NMC sends a packet to PCNS every 25 seconds to verify communications. If no packets are received within a 2 minute time frame PCNS will enter a lost communications event. Assuming there is nothing entered in the event log you are fine.

You can also check on the NMC to see which PCNS Agents / Clients are registered. Open the NMC web interface and go to Configuration - PowerChute Clients. There you will see a list of the registered PCNS Agents. 

pjamies_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/3/2017

Hello,

Yes, I figured it out it was a login issue..

Thx for your help