Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84368members
353554posts

PowerChute Personal Edition 3.0.2 Energy Usage Issue

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
zanium_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

PowerChute Personal Edition 3.0.2 Energy Usage Issue

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/26/2015

Hi I am using the the following product

Model: Back-UPS RS 1500G-IN

Firmware revision: 901.L4.I

Software version: PowerChute Personal Edition 3.0.2.

I am unable to change the energy cost using the application.I am using windows 8.1 x64 along office 2016 x32 trial version. Previously I had windows 7 x32 with office 2010 x32.

Pcpe error log shows :
EnergyUsageController :: BuildMemoryCache :: Exception - ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified :: Stack Trace - at APC.EnergyUsageManager.AbsConnection.ExceptionHandler(Exception objExp)
at APC.EnergyUsageManager.DBODBCConnection.OpenDBConnection()
at APC.EnergyUsageManager.EnergyUsageController.BuildMemoryCache() :: Error Message - ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Also I have attached the log file.

I have tried doing a clean reinstall of the app , manually adding dsn to the odbc in both x32 and x64 ODBC data sources etc none of it works.

What can I do to fix this issue and get the energy usage working again ?

Rest everything works fine.

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
zanium_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: PowerChute Personal Edition 3.0.2 Energy Usage Issue

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/27/2015

I currently don't have the office 2010 setup with me to check. I will get it from a friend and will recheck if that can solve this issue.

Also after searching on the internet I have seen a few people suggest installing AccessDatabaseEngine x32 ( 2010) and manually adding the DSN for the EnergyLog database in the ODBC Data sources x32.

Can you provide me the DSN details ? I will try to add it and see if it works.

------ Update ------

I have installed trial copy of MS Office 2010 and have done a clean install of PCPE 3.0.2 and there is no change.

Log file attached.

See Answer In Context

Attachments
5 Replies 5
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 11/26/2015

Hi,

If you install Office 2010 does the database work properly?

zanium_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/27/2015

I currently don't have the office 2010 setup with me to check. I will get it from a friend and will recheck if that can solve this issue.

Also after searching on the internet I have seen a few people suggest installing AccessDatabaseEngine x32 ( 2010) and manually adding the DSN for the EnergyLog database in the ODBC Data sources x32.

Can you provide me the DSN details ? I will try to add it and see if it works.

------ Update ------

I have installed trial copy of MS Office 2010 and have done a clean install of PCPE 3.0.2 and there is no change.

Log file attached.

Attachments
zanium_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/1/2015

So APC PCPE 3.0.2 has issues with database connection in windows 8.1 x64 and x32 database.

Can the apc development team resolve this issue by giving an updated software or a patch for the connectivity issue ?

As I am unable to find any other problems with the software except for the connection part.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 12/1/2015

Hi,

Tested 2 Windows 8.1 systems over the weekend with PCPE 3.0.2 and could not reproduce your issue. 1 system I upgraded from Windows 8.0 to 8.1 and 1 was a clean - new install. Is your system a clean - new install or an upgrade and if an upgrade from what version of Windows? Also what is the system make and model? 

zanium_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/2/2015

Hi

I have a clean install system of Windows 8.1 x64 ( planning to upgrade to windows 10 x64 ) and currently running a copy of ms office 2016 x32 trial ( planning to upgrade this also to pro version x64 ).

System Specs :

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H61M-S2P Motherboard

Intel Core i3 3220 @ 3.30GHz Cpu

4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-9-9-24)