Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84654members
354004posts

Power Modules SYPM10KH Firmware

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
alfanetups_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Power Modules SYPM10KH Firmware

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/24/2016

Hello everybody! I am proud for usingAPC products for so long. It is true that are legendary reliable. I have some problems with one of my Symetra PX 40KW. My 'fault' led blinks red and..

2 Critical Alarms Present
  • External Switch Gear Communication Card Removed
  • In Forced Bypass

This happens when one of the Power Modules broke and i replaced it with new one. Also i want to firmware update all of my modules. Can somebody help me please. Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Power Modules SYPM10KH Firmware

This reply was originally posted by Haseeb on APC forums on 7/13/2016

Hi  Mariglen

The self-repair tasks that you have outlined for your UPS, i.e, power module firmware upgrade / external switch gear / MAINTENANCE BYPASS MODULE etc are all related to an FSE task. Please also note that the firmware for the power modules are 'not' published on our website as we do not recommend customers carrying out these procedures themselves.  You state the FSE will be contacting you soon.  I would recommend you wait for the FSE call back, otherwise please follow up via the contact details that I have provided you in my previous post.  

Kind Regards

Haseeb

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Hello 

Mariglen

Regarding your case as described, the issues are addressable via a trained APC by Schneider Electric field service engineer (FSE) because....

If you get the error "External Switchgear Card Removed" and the card is installed, the FSE will try to reseat the card. If fault remains, then the FSE will replace the External Switchgear Card (part# WSYCSGMON).

Also, the FSE can (and if required) update the firmware on all of the power modules.

In order to arrange for an FSE, please contact Schneider Electric on the following for your location (GREECE)....

Kind Regards

Haseeb

Attachments
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Hi  Mariglen

The self-repair tasks that you have outlined for your UPS, i.e, power module firmware upgrade / external switch gear / MAINTENANCE BYPASS MODULE etc are all related to an FSE task. Please also note that the firmware for the power modules are 'not' published on our website as we do not recommend customers carrying out these procedures themselves.  You state the FSE will be contacting you soon.  I would recommend you wait for the FSE call back, otherwise please follow up via the contact details that I have provided you in my previous post.  

Kind Regards

Haseeb