Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84584members
353853posts

Power Chute Business edition agent 7.0.5 fails to connect to Smart-UPS 1400

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
dmarshx_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/5/2007

I have 2 SMART-UPS 1400s. On one system the Agent will not start, the Application event log shows "Communication Not Established" I've moved the cable to both a windows 2003 and a windows xp system. The working agent is on a windows 2000 server system.

I've set the serial port options and can verify with hyperterminal can send/receive commands.

During install of the agent on the failing system, it is detected as a SMART-UPS but the type isadmin ???6 RM XL on COM1. The working one detected the correct type.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to further debug this?

Thanks,
David

Accepted Solutions
dmarshx_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I have 2 SMART-UPS 1400s. On one system the Agent will not start, the Application event log shows "Communication Not Established" I've moved the cable to both a windows 2003 and a windows xp system. The working agent is on a windows 2000 server system.

I've set the serial port options and can verify with hyperterminal can send/receive commands.

During install of the agent on the failing system, it is detected as a SMART-UPS but the type isadmin ???6 RM XL on COM1. The working one detected the correct type.

Thanks,
David

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
Sgt._Slaughter_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: Power Chute Business edition agent 7.0.5 fails to connect to Smart-UPS 1400

Also make sure that the comm port settings are at 2400, 8, none, 1, Xon/Xoff

Thanks.

dmarshx_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I switched the cables between the 2 systems and the problem moved with the cable. It seems that I have a bad cable.

Sgt._Slaughter_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/6/2007

Hello,

If your Smart-UPS is within the 2 year factory warranty, you can call APC at 800-890-4272 to speak to a technical support representative and explain the situation to have a replacement cable mailed out.

If the UPS is out of warranty, the Smart Signaling serial cable can be purchased through our website:

http://www.apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=940%2D0024

The serial number off of the UPS will let us know whether the UPS is under warranty or not.

Thank you.

dmarshx_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thanks,
David