Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82517members
350118posts

PDU firmware download

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Jerome_C
Ensign
Ensign

PDU firmware download

Hi,

We have AP88XX PDU. When i check if a new firmware is available on the donwload page (https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/tools/software-firmware/),it does not look to provide the latest release ?

For exemple for an AP8853 i have access to the 6.5.6 and 6.6.4 firmware release whereas I have already the 6.7.2 and the 6.8.0 release on some of the latest devices.

If i use the search bar on the apc website and i write the SFRPDU2G reference, i can find all the release of the firmware but it'is not very usefull especially if you don't know what you're looking for. 

Is there a link or a page where the latest firmwares are available or is there a way to get some notifcation ?

Kind regards,

Jerome

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
TonKei
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: PDU firmware download

Hello Jerome

Thank you for your feedback.

The latest firmware version available for the AP8xxx unit is 7.0.6.

I was not able to find it on apc.com, but instead it is available on se.com

-> https://www.se.com/us/en/download/document/APC_RPDU2G_706_EN/

Best regards

Tonny

Tags (1)
Michael.Cai
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Hi, thanks for this,

is there a link to the previous version of this fw say 6.8.0?

Tags (1)
Matt-B
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Hi @Michael.Cai,

Typically when a new version of firmware is released, older versions are removed from the web. If you need and older version for any reason, you can contact technical support and they can usually get an older version for you. We don't normally recommend downgrading firmware, unless there is a specific issue that is trying to be resolved - older revisions of firmware can lack critical vulnerability and bug fixes present in current versions. 

Tags (1)