Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84578members
353848posts

PCPE 3.0 Self test causes hard shutdown.

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
merlin_xl_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

PCPE 3.0 Self test causes hard shutdown.

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/23/2011

I have a "New" Back UPS Pro 1500 which only has my home PC plugged into the Battery backup outlet. All other devices are in the surge protection outlets. I have tried with master controlled on and off. Software says it is providing 173 watts and has 32 minutes of runtime. When I run the self test it starts and after about 10 seconds it kills power to my PC forcing it to shutdown. Any Ideas? I run W 7 64 bit on a Dell XPS 9000 series.

-M

Accepted Solutions
merlin_xl_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: PCPE 3.0 Self test causes hard shutdown.

It stays on. The on line plug icon flashes for a few seconds then the PC shuts down and the on battery icon shows then the power comes back on. The PC is set to restart after it loses power so it starts. Event logs show it was shutdown unexpectedly.

-M

It seems my PC does not work with power unit/ Go figure.

Edit: http://forums.apc.com/spaces/4/back-ups-surge-protectors/forums/general/5093/apc-back-ups-es-700-and...

Message was edited by: merlin_xl

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/23/2011

does the UPS stay on during this time or does it turn off as well?

merlin_xl_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

It stays on. The on line plug icon flashes for a few seconds then the PC shuts down and the on battery icon shows then the power comes back on. The PC is set to restart after it loses power so it starts. Event logs show it was shutdown unexpectedly.

-M

It seems my PC does not work with power unit/ Go figure.

Edit: http://forums.apc.com/spaces/4/back-ups-surge-protectors/forums/general/5093/apc-back-ups-es-700-and...

Message was edited by: merlin_xl