Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and we have a new, shorter address that's easier to remember. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82634members
350282posts

No UPS found (AP9630 / Smart-UPS 750XLI)

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

No UPS found (AP9630 / Smart-UPS 750XLI)

This question was originally posted by Adrian on APC forums on 10/5/2016

Hello, I have a SUA750XLI UPS with an AP9630 in an AP9600 Smart Slot expansion chassis (AP9610 relay card in the onboard slot). Everything had been working fine, until recently I noticed the AP9630 is unable is detect the attached UPS. I've re-powered the UPS, expansion chassis etc, and upgraded the firmware from 5.1.7 to 6.4.0, but the card still can't detect the UPS. I'm not using the optional power adapter as the mains voltage is 240V and the UPS serial number is AS1007242495 (always used to run fine off the UPS computer port). Status LED is brightly lit. Any ideas? 

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: No UPS found (AP9630 / Smart-UPS 750XLI)

This reply was originally posted by Adrian on APC forums on 10/9/2016

Hi Angela

The full reset procedure has restored the AP9630-UPS comms.

Thanks, I've learnt something new about APC UPS.

Adrian

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 10/6/2016

Hi Adrian,

Can you follow this post and check the firmware and post a screenshot as I asked that poster to do? 

http://forums.apc.com/spaces/7/ups-management-devices-powerchute-software/forums/general/13097/conec...

Also, did you ever use or touch the USB port on the back of the SUA? This will "kill" /disable the serial port which the serial port/bus is where the AP9630, AP9610, and AP9600 are all operating. If this is the case, whether it happened because you used USB or the UPS needs a reset on its serial bus, you'd need to do the following:

1. Turn off any attached load to the UPS. (You don't have to unplug the items.)
  2. Unplug the UPS itself from AC power - so unplug the UPS from the wall.
  3. You need to press and hold down the off button on the front of the UPS which looks like this: (o) Press and hold it for at least 5 seconds and if the previous step was done, the UPS should click and flash its from panel LEDs. This resets the serial communications within the unit.
  4. You can then plug the UPS back into AC power, turn it back on and turn your equipment back on. Then check the status in the AP9630. Side note: you have that connected properly. Due to the required installation priority of the accessories, so they can operate properly on the serial bus, AP9610 should be in the UPS (lower priority) and the AP9630 should be in the AP9600.

We can also check the firmware versions out just in case before you do all that. Since you already rebooted the NMC, we can rule that out. I assume though, "repowering the UPS" did not include the specific required sequence I mentioned above? Turning the UPS on/off with the power button does not reset the communications like the "braindead" procedure steps I listed above.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Adrian on APC forums on 10/9/2016

Hi Angela

The full reset procedure has restored the AP9630-UPS comms.

Thanks, I've learnt something new about APC UPS.

Adrian