Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84756members
354188posts

NMC2 Management Cards displaying email recipient 'to' instead of 'from' - v6.4.0 known issue

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Rooster_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

NMC2 Management Cards displaying email recipient 'to' instead of 'from' - v6.4.0 known issue

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/3/2016

Hi. I'm in the process of configuring approx. 100 NMC1 and NMC2 cards with the same config.ini file. I've upgraded the NMC2 cards from v6.x.x to v6.4.0 due to the web server not being previously accessible. This issue has been resolved with v6.4.0 but now, when an email is sent to a recipient, it displays the recipients email address in the 'from' box. This is unacceptable in our application and is halting further roll-out or use of the NMC2 cards.

I see from the v6.4.0 release notes that this is a known issue. We are using a gmail account and experience sending errors if we change the email setup from 'recipient' to 'local'. There is no problem using the same email settings and config.ini file with a NMC1 card.

Is there a fix for this and/or will rolling back to v5.?.? resolve this?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: NMC2 Management Cards displaying email recipient 'to' instead of 'from' - v6.4.0 known issue

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 11/7/2016

I use Gmail all the time with local or custom server options as well.

We have some info here on usingGmail withNMC if you haven't already come across it -> http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA164769 

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: NMC2 Management Cards displaying email recipient 'to' instead of 'from' - v6.4.0 known issue

This reply was originally posted by Nicole on APC forums on 11/4/2016

Hi Richard, 

Would you be able to provide me with a copy of the config.ini file that you are uploading to the NMCs? You can upload it here or send it to me via email. 

Regards, 

Nicole 

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 11/7/2016

Hello Richard,

I have made our Firmware Engineers about your concern and have included this forum post for them to be aware that you are seeing this issue as well. I have heard that there is a firmware to be release in the future and I am not sure if the fix will be included on it. We will try our best to get this prioritized.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 11/7/2016

I use Gmail all the time with local or custom server options as well.

We have some info here on usingGmail withNMC if you haven't already come across it -> http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA164769