Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84449members
353655posts

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
winpiah_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/17/2014

Hello...

I have Matrix UPS 3000 connected to spectrometer and computer.  The computer freeze up quite often for the last 2 weeks for which reason I am not sure.  Here is what I have done.

1) I did UPS TEST > Battery Cal TEST> DO and the message showed "Not possible at this time..."  what is that mean?  I couldn't find this error message in user's manual. 

2) I unplug the spectrometer from the wall and run on battery and it works fine, all the communication can run on UPS batteries.  I am not sure why the computer froze every 2-3 times a week.  Also, I don't know much about electronics so please explain in a layman's term.  Thank you for your help.

Hla

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Message: Not possible at this time...

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 4/18/2014

Hello,

I don't think it is likely the UPS is causing this problem with the computer.

A battery calibration only calibrates the reported runtime that the UPS has. Why it would not perform a calibration is outlined here ->  - Matrix UPS will not perform a runtime calibration | FAQs | Schneider Electric US Maybe you meant to run a self test or just battery test?

The isolation transformer in the Matrix would practically guarantees clean power to the attached devices. The only thing I am familiar with electronics having a problem or freezing is because of grounding issues which would have nothing to do with the UPS.

You may want to look specifically at the computer - is it older, is it something perhaps with the operating system on it rather than the power input, etc?

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Message: Not possible at this time...

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 4/18/2014

Hello,

I don't think it is likely the UPS is causing this problem with the computer.

A battery calibration only calibrates the reported runtime that the UPS has. Why it would not perform a calibration is outlined here ->  - Matrix UPS will not perform a runtime calibration | FAQs | Schneider Electric US Maybe you meant to run a self test or just battery test?

The isolation transformer in the Matrix would practically guarantees clean power to the attached devices. The only thing I am familiar with electronics having a problem or freezing is because of grounding issues which would have nothing to do with the UPS.

You may want to look specifically at the computer - is it older, is it something perhaps with the operating system on it rather than the power input, etc?