Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82523members
350127posts

Loud sound from XS 1300

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
kbrogan_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Loud sound from XS 1300

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/15/2011

I have a client that has a BackUps XS1300 attached to a small server. I've recently installed PowerShute Network Shutdown on the server to see if some log file could indicate the problem. Not seeing anything but maybe I didn't install the correct software for the ups model. Am I missing something or is there some other software that will tell me the status/condition of the ups?

Thanks
Kevin

Accepted Solutions
R2_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Loud sound from XS 1300

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/16/2011

Hi kbrogan, typically the only noises you can hear comming from a UPS are the fan, and the inverter. If you unit is discharging on battery, then the inverter will be on and will make a buzing type sound. If the unit is hot or charging then the fan could be running ( and sometimes could be making noises). Trying to determine when it is making the noise could help narrow it down. Hope this helps.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
R2_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Loud sound from XS 1300

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/16/2011

Hi kbrogan, typically the only noises you can hear comming from a UPS are the fan, and the inverter. If you unit is discharging on battery, then the inverter will be on and will make a buzing type sound. If the unit is hot or charging then the fan could be running ( and sometimes could be making noises). Trying to determine when it is making the noise could help narrow it down. Hope this helps.