Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84331members
353499posts

Lifespan of UPS Devices (not batteries)

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
WantsToKnow_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Lifespan of UPS Devices (not batteries)

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/2/2009

We have many APC UPS devices. They range from Back-UPS to Smart-UPS. Some of these are around 10 years old. We replace batteries on periodic schedules. However, I was wondering more about the lifespan of the UPS device itself. I saw a previous post about expected lifespan of Back-UPS products was around 6 years. Does that lifespan apply to other UPS devices, too? We do pretty well on managing batteries, but I would like some advice on risk of device failures.

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: Lifespan of UPS Devices (not batteries)

The "lifecycle" of a Back-UPS unit in terms of warranties and services is 6 years. We don't have an official set lifespan in terms of what a customer "will" see from a UPS. However, based on what we've seen in tech. support, in a good environment with regular battery replacements 10 years seems to be a mark many customers hit with our UPS systems.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Matt on APC forums on 7/27/2009

Many of us here at APC have old Smart-UPS or Back-UPS from around 2000 or older under our desks. Mine is from 1997.

Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

The "lifecycle" of a Back-UPS unit in terms of warranties and services is 6 years. We don't have an official set lifespan in terms of what a customer "will" see from a UPS. However, based on what we've seen in tech. support, in a good environment with regular battery replacements 10 years seems to be a mark many customers hit with our UPS systems.

flecom_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/27/2009

I've got a SmartUPS 1400 on my desktop thats 13 years old... besides replacing batteries its never given me any issues