Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84242members
353342posts

Is my password/username stored on the UPS unit or on the Operating System Windows7 ?

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
jbaccrington_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Is my password/username stored on the UPS unit or on the Operating System Windows7 ?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/6/2015

Hi

Question about my APC Smart-UPS C 1500VA 230V 

When I use the Agent Web Interface. (APC PowerChute Business Edition) my username and password are stored in the memory?

Is the password/username stored on the UPS unit or on the Operating System Windows7 ?

thanks

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Is my password/username stored on the UPS unit or on the Operating System Windows7 ?

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 2/6/2015

No. The user name and password and specific to PowerChute and are removed with the application is uninstalled.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Is my password/username stored on the UPS unit or on the Operating System Windows7 ?

Hi,

The user name and password associated with / assigned to PowerChute. They are encrypted and stored on the OS.

jbaccrington_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/6/2015

If I uninstalled the powerchute software using the windows7 control panel (programs) would the password/username still be stored on the computer some where?

thanks

Jonathan

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

No. The user name and password and specific to PowerChute and are removed with the application is uninstalled.