Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84382members
353565posts

Is it possible to use (Powerchute Personal Edition Software) on my APC Smart-UPS C 1500VA 230V (SMC1500I)

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
jbaccrington_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Is it possible to use (Powerchute Personal Edition Software) on my APC Smart-UPS C 1500VA 230V (SMC1500I)

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/7/2015

Hi

thanks

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Is it possible to use (Powerchute Personal Edition Software) on my APC Smart-UPS C 1500VA 230V (SMC1500I)

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/27/2015

Jim,

You only need to install the Agent and yes. Business Edition will show you charge, allow for self-test and update battery info.

See Answer In Context

10 Replies 10
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Is it possible to use (Powerchute Personal Edition Software) on my APC Smart-UPS C 1500VA 230V (SMC1500I)

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 2/9/2015

Jonathan,

PowerChute Personal Edition is designed to work with Back-UPS not Smart-UPS. If you are looking for alternative software to us with your SMC and Windows 7 you should look at APCUPSD.

WizardOfBoz_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/26/2015

This is too bad. I would think you'd allow the much easier-to-use personal edition with any product....

So. Do I have to install Agent, Server, and Console for a single computer setup? 

WizardOfBoz_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/26/2015

Also, is there any way to see the % charged, and to force a test, or to register a new battery date in the Bus. Edition?  Thanks!

Jim

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/27/2015

Jim,

You only need to install the Agent and yes. Business Edition will show you charge, allow for self-test and update battery info.

jumbo777_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Powerchute business edition

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/7/2015

Only web based?

jumbo777_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Smart UPS 1000/1500VA

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/7/2015

Powerchute Business Edition is far more complicated for my needs. I only purchased the Smart UPS 1000/1500VA because of the wattage and the fact it is pure sine wave output on battery. How can I get a simple interface like Powerchute Personal Edition? The Personal Edition is not compatible with my Smart UPS. Please help!

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Smart UPS 1000/1500VA

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 5/7/2015

You can use APCUPSD. It is freeware available at www.apcupsd.com You have to install their USB driver and edit the configuration file but once that is done the interface is simpler to navigate.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by William on APC forums on 11/3/2016

I wish I had known that personal edition does not work on the SMX1500. Why did APC even include that software? Was it because the Business Edition work? 😞

Tags (3)
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by William on APC forums on 11/3/2016

What about the network shutdown that came with the SMX1500? Does that not work, too? I'll delete the personal edition and see what happens when Iinstall the apcupd "thingie". 🙂

Tags (3)
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 11/4/2016

Hi,

If your SMX1500 has a network management card install and it is on your network then you can install PowerChute Network Shutdown on to computer assuming it is running a compatible OS (see compatibility chart). PowerChute Network Shutdown will communicate with the NMC / UPS over your network so you will not need to connect a serial (RJ50 - 9 pin Serial) or USB cables between the computer and UPS. You should be sure that any network equipment that is between the NMC and computer are also on a UPS as well to allow communicates between the NMC and computer in the event of a power lose.