Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84257members
353362posts

How to obtain SUMX 517 Firmware (AP9631)

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
steved_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

How to obtain SUMX 517 Firmware (AP9631)

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/27/2014

HI,

Just wondering how I can obtain a SUMX 517 version of your firmware for an AP9631? All I can seem to find on your website it 516.

Reason behind this is we have various datacenters with a mix of Symmetra and Smart-UPS 3000's and on one of our sites someone has managed to confgure a SmartUPS with a SY 517 firmware, and thus is unable to actually talk/see the UPS itself via the web admin console. So I was hoping we could just load a SUMX version and would then be a-ok? smile

Thanks

Steve

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: How to obtain SUMX 517 Firmware (AP9631)

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/27/2014

Hello,

I assume you don't want to move up to the 6.X.X platform at all - or maybe you don't know about it? We will be moving to v6.1.1 sumx very shortly to repair two critical issues in v6.0.6 sumx which you'll also find on the website today.

If you don't want v6.1.1 (which I have access to while we wait for it on the website) because it does have a few "quirks" and wish to stay on v5.1.7 sumx, I'll provide it as an attachment to this post.

See Answer In Context

Attachments
2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/27/2014

Hello,

I assume you don't want to move up to the 6.X.X platform at all - or maybe you don't know about it? We will be moving to v6.1.1 sumx very shortly to repair two critical issues in v6.0.6 sumx which you'll also find on the website today.

If you don't want v6.1.1 (which I have access to while we wait for it on the website) because it does have a few "quirks" and wish to stay on v5.1.7 sumx, I'll provide it as an attachment to this post.

Attachments
steved_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/28/2014

That's perfect thank you.

Unfortunately we're not able to "upgrade" to the latest firmware yet, as it has to go thru authorisation from our Architects office first, and then a whole bunch of testing. frown

But thanks for the info, I'll pass that on and see if I can push them a bit. wink

Thanks again

Steve