Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84567members
353835posts

High Battery Temperature and Output Relay Critical (in Closed) Alarms

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

RandyW
Cadet

High Battery Temperature and Output Relay Critical (in Closed) Alarms

We have a Symmetra LX 16000 which has alarmed with a Battery 2: High Temperature alarm.  Within a second it also generated a fault on the integrated Environmental Monitor Output Relay (Int Relay at Int Relay Location).  According to the Management interface the output relay is in a closed state, but it's normal state is open.  It will be a few days before we receive the replacement battery.  My question is:  Should we be taking any protective measures, such as putting the UPS in manual bypass and removing Battery 2 in the interim?

I've attached relevant screenshots and the recent event log in the PDF.

I am an end user with limited UPS knowledge, so please respond in layman's term as much as possible.

Thanks

Attachments
Tags (1)