Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84245members
353344posts

Gutor NMC

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
K-Dog_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Gutor NMC

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/23/2007

Do the Gutor boxes use the same NMC as the other 3 phase products? Are all newer units capable of having a NMC installed into an existing slot? Do the older units that can be upgraded using a Silcon Triple chassis use the same cable from the triple chassis to the unit? The attached doc pointed me in the right direction but left a few questions unanswered.

thanx

Looks like I posted this in the wrong forum. I will repost in UPS and Data Center Management Software

Apologies
set:noobmode=0

Message was edited by: K-Dog

Attachments
Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
K-Dog_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Gutor NMC

Do the Gutor boxes use the same NMC as the other 3 phase products? Are all newer units capable of having a NMC installed into an existing slot? Do the older units that can be upgraded using a Silcon Triple chassis use the same cable from the triple chassis to the unit? The attached doc pointed me in the right direction but left a few questions unanswered.

thanx

Looks like I posted this in the wrong forum. I will repost in UPS and Data Center Management Software

Apologies

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
K-Dog_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: Gutor NMC

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/25/2007

@ EZ-Button,
Let me know if these forums provide a way to send you a private message or e-mail you the serial numbers. Do you think this means that this reply is incorrect?

"The Gutor units use the same NMC as the APC 3-Phase units. There is a slot in the Gutor UPS, and the option for the Silcon Triple Chassis, as seen in the pdf you attached, can also be used with older Gutor systems. They will use the same firmware as the Silcon products."

This was from a cross posting in the "UPS & Data Center Management Software" forum. Also, does it mean the pdf attached to my first post is obsolete? I appreciate your support, we have been around the block on this one a few times.

thanx
K-Dog

EZ_Button_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/25/2007

You can send a PM using the small "Envelope" icon in the top right. (near logout)

I called our Gutor tech to check on your questions. He wanted me to get the serial numbers to take a look at your system specs. I'm going to PM you some information. It may be easiest for you to contact him.

Message was edited by: EZ Button

K-Dog_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/2/2007

Spoke to Gutor guru Charles Sims about this: the units in question are not equiped with a comm board (A076). They need a comm board, power supply to the board and a value changed in a stack. If the units are ordered with the board it can be retrofitted much easier with the methods outlined in the PDF attached to my first post.

K-Dog_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Gutor NMC

thanx

Apologies