Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84423members
353613posts

Free 1 Year battery warranty extension promo questions

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Battman_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Free 1 Year battery warranty extension promo questions

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/7/2013

Lately the SMX UPS's I've been ordering have come with a yellow sticker promo for a free additional year of warranty coverage.

1. Can someone from APC tell me what the "back date" is for this promotion, IE what is the earliest order date applicable so I can possibly add this warranty to other ups I purchased earlier this year ?

2. Are external battery modules included in this promotion ?

Thanks, ....Dave

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Free 1 Year battery warranty extension promo questions

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/7/2013

Hi Battman

I checked with one of the UPS product managers.

1. We implemented the promo label around June 2012, so we would say it's effective from that date forward.  It's for the SMT/SMX UPS SKUs only, NAM Only. As you may know, the UPSs currently have a 3yr hardware, 2 yr battery warranty. By registering the product using the promo address and keycode, you can extend the internal batteries an additional 1 yr for a total of 3yrs for the full system.
  2. Based on question item 1, no, only the UPS SKUs themselves.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/7/2013

Hi Battman

I checked with one of the UPS product managers.

1. We implemented the promo label around June 2012, so we would say it's effective from that date forward.  It's for the SMT/SMX UPS SKUs only, NAM Only. As you may know, the UPSs currently have a 3yr hardware, 2 yr battery warranty. By registering the product using the promo address and keycode, you can extend the internal batteries an additional 1 yr for a total of 3yrs for the full system.
  2. Based on question item 1, no, only the UPS SKUs themselves.

Battman_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/7/2013

Thanks, Angela !  Good to have an answer there smile

Prior to my first posting I actually had entered an SMX120 battery pack into the promo URL and it accepted it so I guess time will tell whether i would have any extra coverage if I needed it 😉

Its rare that a factory battery lasts less than 4-5 years, however since they were introduced in 2010 I've had a couple of the SMX's go down with 1 weak battery in the module before 1 year had passed. The little 5 AmpHr cells used now had gone open circuit in both cases, as opposed to what usually happens which is sulfation and overheating. The higher string voltage and just one series string (in the SMX3000 for example) instead of two paralleled strings (in the SU/SUA3000 we used to use) increases the statistical probability of that happening I suppose.

Dave