Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84695members
354073posts

Fairly New Smart-UPS 1400. all indicators flashing (except battery leds)

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
wintermute_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/13/2009

Hello all,
I have a fairly new (6 months old) Smart UPS that I run a couple of servers from.
About a month ago I came into the data center and both servers were powered off, and all the lights on the front panel of the UPS were blinking in sync with each other. It was not beeping, and non of the battery indicators were lit.

I replaced with a known working unit, and have this unit powered on in my office so I can watch it. In the past 2 weeks, it has repeated the problem 4 times. Mostly in the overnight hours but just now I was sitting right in front of it. It clicked off, I looked over and all of the lights were blinking (except the battery lights, all of which were off). The fan is still spinning, the outside of the unit is cool to the touch, and air blowing out from the fan is room-temp, certainly not hot.

FWIW: when I installed this unit, I just took it out of the box, connected the battery, left it plugged in overnight and then powered servers with it the next morning. I have powerchute installed on other servers, but I had yet to configure it on these servers (I know, shame on me).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
wintermute_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Fairly New Smart-UPS 1400. all indicators flashing (except battery leds

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/15/2009

Thank you for the advice! As soon as I get in touch with them, I'll see if they have any ideas about what happened and if so I'll post it.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
wintermute_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/13/2009

Hello all,
I have a fairly new (6 months old) Smart UPS that I run a couple of servers from.
About a month ago I came into the data center and both servers were powered off, and all the lights on the front panel of the UPS were blinking in sync with each other. It was not beeping, and non of the battery indicators were lit.

I replaced with a known working unit, and have this unit powered on in my office so I can watch it. In the past 2 weeks, it has repeated the problem 4 times. Mostly in the overnight hours but just now I was sitting right in front of it. It clicked off, I looked over and all of the lights were blinking (except the battery lights, all of which were off). The fan is still spinning, the outside of the unit is cool to the touch, and air blowing out from the fan is room-temp, certainly not hot.

FWIW: when I installed this unit, I just took it out of the box, connected the battery, left it plugged in overnight and then powered servers with it the next morning. I have powerchute installed on other servers, but I had yet to configure it on these servers (I know, shame on me).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/13/2009

hi

can you tell us the exact model number off the back of the UPS on the white sticker? also, can you provide the first several digits of the serial number? the serial number should be something like "AS07345581634." I only need the first part, like AS0734.

thanks!

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/14/2009

okay.

i would have to suggest that this UPS be replaced. the indicators do not make sense and obviously it has already dropped the load.

refer to this thread if you need to but just explain to APC tech support about the LEDs flashing and what you saw and that via the forum, you were told it requires a replacement.

wintermute_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/15/2009

Thank you for the advice! As soon as I get in touch with them, I'll see if they have any ideas about what happened and if so I'll post it.