Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84249members
353350posts

Detected an unauthorized user attempting to access the SNMP interface from 172.xxx.xxx.xxx

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

mtsoukalas
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Detected an unauthorized user attempting to access the SNMP interface from 172.xxx.xxx.xxx

Hi, we recently bought two (2) APC SRT5000 UPS devices. The two devices have NMC on them. For two hours now, the one UPS sends me loads of emails with (false I guess) warnings that say "Detected an unauthorized user attempting to access the SNMP interface from 172.xxx.xxx.xxx - various IPs -"

The IPs are from user's PCs and Im sure that nobody tried to log in to the Management Card of this UPS. 

Can you please help me figure out what is going on? The computers on our company, are Windows 10 machines. Maybe is the Network Discovery Service? 

Thank you, I'll appreciate any help from you. I receive loads of emails (!) 

Thank you.

Tags (1)
6 Replies 6
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Detected an unauthorized user attempting to access the SNMP interface from 172.xxx.xxx.xxx

@mtsoukalas 

What firmware is on the network card and what model is the card?

Tags (1)
mtsoukalas
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Detected an unauthorized user attempting to access the SNMP interface from 172.xxx.xxx.xxx

Hi @BillP !

The firmware revision is "UPS 04.0 (ID1013)". The UPS model is  Smart-UPS SRT 5000 (SKU : SRT5KXLI).

Tags (1)
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

@mtsoukalas 

That is the UPS firmware. What firmware is on the network card and what model is it? 

You will find that information by login into the network card, go to About, Network 

About-Network.png

Tags (1)
mtsoukalas
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

oh sorry, my bad.

Model Number: AP9537SUM

Application Module : Version: v6.2.0

APC Boot Monitor : Version: v1.0.8

Tags (1)
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

@mtsoukalas 

Log into the card and go to Configuration, Notification, Event Actions, By Event, Security. Click on Detected an unauthorized user attempting to access the SNMP interface, and remove e-mail recipients. You can also deselect log if you do not want the events logged.

Tags (1)
mtsoukalas
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

That did the trick!

Thanks. 👍

Tags (1)