Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84581members
353849posts

Can't Communicate with SU2200XL

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
conker_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/16/2010

I've got a SU2200XL (SUA2200RMXL3U) that I can't connect to over serial.

We're moving the PCBE installation to another machine, and it can't connect to it.
The original machine (which was working fine and had no changes) can't connect to it anymore either.

We are using the correct smart signaling cable (the same one that has been working before).
And nothing has changes with regards to the COM settings. (It was working at 9600, but I've tried 9600 and 2400 and neither work).

I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the PCBE (v 7.0.5) software (agent, server, and console), but nothing helps.
I've also tries the latest version (8.0.1), which only gives me a web interface, but it too has the same problem.

I get absolutely nothing when I try to hyperterminal into it.

Is there some kind of reset I can perform?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
conker_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

We're moving the PCBE installation to another machine, and it can't connect to it.
The original machine (which was working fine and had no changes) can't connect to it anymore either.

We are using the correct smart signaling cable (the same one that has been working before).
And nothing has changes with regards to the COM settings. (It was working at 9600, but I've tried 9600 and 2400 and neither work).

I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the PCBE (v 7.0.5) software (agent, server, and console), but nothing helps.
I've also tries the latest version (8.0.1), which only gives me a web interface, but it too has the same problem.

Thanks

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
conker_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Thanks