Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84414members
353603posts

Can not shutdown UPS before runtime limit reaching

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
nlinh_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Can not shutdown UPS before runtime limit reaching

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/5/2008

Hi all

I have unit Smart UPS SUA1000I to back up power for my PC. I installed PCBE to PC and I configured to run on battery mode 5 mins then start shutdown procedure and I set the delay time is 0, Duration is 10mins.System works well (power failure, PCBE shutdowns PC then Shutdown UPS).
But the problem right now is when the PC is turned off or hang (PCBE does not run) and Input Power failure then UPS will run all the way until reach runtime limit and UPS shutdown.
I wonder that is there any way to configure UPS shutdown before it reaches runtime limit regardless PCBE run or not? For example configure to shutdown UPS when run on battery mode in 30 mins,,
PS: I know some APC accessorys can configure this setting but I want to know whether UPS can do by itself or not?

Thank you very much your help
ERIC

Accepted Solutions
Cap1_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: Can not shutdown UPS before runtime limit reaching

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/6/2008

Hello,

Unfortunately, no.

This would have to require an accessory card (ex. NMC) to achieve an UPS shutdown before it runs out of battery.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
Cap1_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/6/2008

Hello,

Unfortunately, no.

This would have to require an accessory card (ex. NMC) to achieve an UPS shutdown before it runs out of battery.

nlinh_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/8/2008

Hi
Thank you very much for your confirmation!
ERIC