Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84659members
354045posts

Are APC UPSs really worth the extra cost?

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

ehansigno
Cadet
0 Likes

Are APC UPSs really worth the extra cost?

I've always been a big supporter of APC. They're the largest and most well-known brand and we've had great success with them.

My sales team are finding it hard to push the price of APC and have suggested Tripp Lite UPSs instead. Taking a look, the specs actually look great and prices are 25-50% less.

Are they good? What UPSs do you use at your MSP?

For discussion sake, let's assume I need a standard 1500VA rack unit with AVR. Typical use scenario, not a super-cheap unit, but not the top-end enterprise unit.

I understand the difference between PWM and pure sine wave UPSs. I'm really just wondering about the brand differences in general, or if any of you have any good ammunition to support sticking with APC.