Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82594members
350236posts

Acquire Data from NMC?

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
leizhoucn_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Acquire Data from NMC?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/29/2011

I have a mini-cluster that is supported by 5 3000VA APC UPS with NMC installed.
I was trying to use the sensor reading data to monitor the cluster status but not successful.

Reason:
1) I tried email/syslog/snmp notification however they only export event, but not data;
2) I tried data log rotation however the minimum interval of 1hrs is way too long. I'd desire 10 min since this is the internal data log interval;
3) I tried to actively ftp the data log out however it has to be interactive - cannot use password-less authentication;
4) data.log does not contain battery temperature data.

Any workaround? Or could you please allow such options in the next update of the AP9631 firmware? Thanks.

Message was edited by: leizhoucn

Accepted Solutions
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: Acquire Data from NMC?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/30/2011

>
2) I tried data log rotation however the minimum interval of 1hrs is way too long. I'd desire 10 min since this is the internal data log interval;
>

Okay, so you basically want it FTPed every time it updates.

>
3) I tried to actively ftp the data log out however it has to be interactive - cannot use password-less authentication;
>

I've done this using python and ftplib.

>
>

You could poll the data points yourself using SNMP. That way you can go as fast as possible and record any data point. The NetSNMP utilities should help with scripting it. The GetIF utility is great for experimenting and playing around with SNMP. You'll also need the [PowerNet MIB|http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SFPMIB403] which describes the SNMP capabilities of APC devices.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 4/29/2011

I think one possible think that you do is to create a script that would access the NMC using FTP and then download the datalog.txt

voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/30/2011

>
>

Okay, so you basically want it FTPed every time it updates.

>
>

I've done this using python and ftplib.

>
>

You could poll the data points yourself using SNMP. That way you can go as fast as possible and record any data point. The NetSNMP utilities should help with scripting it. The GetIF utility is great for experimenting and playing around with SNMP. You'll also need the [PowerNet MIB|http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SFPMIB403] which describes the SNMP capabilities of APC devices.