Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84360members
353550posts

APC AP7723 Switch - Power Managent on individual outlets?

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
kelv1n_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

APC AP7723 Switch - Power Managent on individual outlets?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/14/2019

Hey Folks

I'm hoping this is the right place to ask, I'm looking for a PDU for my home-lab, I've been offered an APC AP7723 for a reasonable price, the fact it can have 2 inputs is even better.

But does anybody know if it has monitoring and switching for each outlet?

I'd like to be able to turn on/off each of the devices remotely, at present I have a long trip into the garage! (After doing that 10 times.. it soon gets old).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Brad_C_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: APC AP7723 Switch - Power Managent on individual outlets?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/15/2019

That isn't a PDU, it's an ATS.

No, that won't do what you want.

I have a set up much like you seem to be after. I have an SUA3000 UPS into an AP7721 ATS which then drives an AP7952 PDU.

The PDU allows me to individually control each outlet, so I can remote power-cycle and do load-shedding when on UPS. The ATS allows me to take the UPS out of circuit for maintenance or have it automatically bypass the UPS if it develops a fault.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Brad_C_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: APC AP7723 Switch - Power Managent on individual outlets?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/15/2019

That isn't a PDU, it's an ATS.

No, that won't do what you want.

I have a set up much like you seem to be after. I have an SUA3000 UPS into an AP7721 ATS which then drives an AP7952 PDU.

The PDU allows me to individually control each outlet, so I can remote power-cycle and do load-shedding when on UPS. The ATS allows me to take the UPS out of circuit for maintenance or have it automatically bypass the UPS if it develops a fault.