Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84865members
354354posts

AP9640 After upgrade to the 2.2.1.1 firmware email appears in UTC time, not Local time

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

LarryK
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

AP9640 After upgrade to the 2.2.1.1 firmware email appears in UTC time, not Local time

Ever since I started deploying new AP9640s - with the 2.2.1.1 firmware - the notifications I get in Thunderbird have made me do double-takes.

They are coming in with UTC time - 4 hours off what I should be seeing.  The old AP9630s work fine.  And that means notifications are interspersed in the inbox.

I just tested an out of the box v1.5.1.1 and it sends emails with the proper Local time.

So I'd like to know:  What was the "best" working prior 2.x version that I should downgrade to?  (And how do I downgrade this firmware?)

Asking because I have no idea how long it is going to take for the Dev team to acknowledge, figure out, and fix this problem.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
5 Replies 5
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: AP9640 After upgrade to the 2.2.1.1 firmware email appears in UTC time, not Local time

@LarryK 

The AP9640, AP9641 cannot be downgraded from firmware 2.x to 1.x. I recommend you open a ticket with local support so the appropriate people/team see your issue. 

Tags (1)
LarryK
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: AP9640 After upgrade to the 2.2.1.1 firmware email appears in UTC time, not Local time

@BillPAcknowledged.

Support sent the 2.0.0.5 version and that still works - but, of course, has it's set of problems.

Waiting to see what happens.

Tags (1)
LarryK
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Downgrading from 2.2.1.1 to 2.0.0.5 does not fix the UTC problem.

Still waiting for support to provide additional insight or fix.

Tags (1)
LarryK
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Updating this with some recent information.

I was asked to try to replicate the problem with various firmware levels and send resulting emails and TAR files to Support.

In all cases, once Daylight Savings Time and NTP were activated, my Thunderbird client received emails at a 4 hour difference from local time.  When sent to an Outlook email address, Outlook "understood" the problem and the email appeared in the correct place on the summary list.  Looking inside, it was off by 4 hours as well.

Nonetheless, I have migrated all of my NMC2 devices to NMC3 and I'm hopeful that someone, somewhere, will figure out what's wrong and provide some mechanism to fix it.

Tags (1)
Reuben.Farrelly
Crewman
Crewman

I have had confirmation from SE in the last few days that the bug I logged (which is suspiciously like yours and very likely the same cause) has been logged and entered into the internal bug system.

Given the fix should be very simple and is likely just a matter of formatting of the Date: header, here's hoping it will be fixed quite soon.

There is however no ETA on when it will be resolved.  But at least it is now acknowledged and recorded.

Tags (1)