Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84654members
354004posts

AP9619 - Smart-UPS RT 20000 XL: No able to get OIDs

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

AP9619 - Smart-UPS RT 20000 XL: No able to get OIDs

This question was originally posted by Pablo on APC forums on 6/16/2015

Hello,

I'm moniroting my APC RT 20k with Zabbix, but I'm unable to get all the OIDs in order to create new alerts for each individual events as I saw in the webpage and I'm listing below:

Event Actions for Individual Events

To list all events in a main category by severity level, click the main category name. To list all events in a sub-category by severity level, click the sub-category name.

Power Events Environment Events System Events
Input Line Status Communication Mass Configuration
Output Line Status Temperature Security
Battery Humidity  
Bypass I/O Contact  
Communication Relays  
Device    
Diagnostics    
Temperature    
Scheduling

The command I running is snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 1 10.80.18.200 and snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 2c 10.80.18.200 but the information I got from these is not enough.

Could you please help me to solve this incovenience?

Thank you,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: AP9619 - Smart-UPS RT 20000 XL: No able to get OIDs

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/16/2015

Hi Pablo,

Do you have the APC MIB loaded? It is available from here -> http://www.apc.com/tools/download/index.cfm Also, any of the APC SNMP OIDs would start with .1.3.6.1.4.1.318 as 318 is the enterprise in the MIB. This is .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.apc.  You may need to specify where to start your walk I think and find the correct syntax, after you ensure you have the PowerNet MIB from APC compiled and loaded. 

Previous customers I've dealt with using snmpwalk have told me that they thought snmpwalk would poll the device for *ALL* possible OIDs a device provides and that the MIB file would help to map the friendly names to those OIDs but apparently snmpwalk also relies on some other definition (MIB or otherwise) of which specific OIDs to poll. I am not too familiar with it though and have only heard of its existance. 

See Answer In Context

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Pablo on APC forums on 6/23/2015

Angela,

Thank you.

I accesed to the PowerNet MIB script but I don't know how to install it, could you please provide me the steps?

ftp://ftp.apc.com/apc/public/software/pnetmib/mib/414/powernet414.mib

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/16/2015

Hi Pablo,

Do you have the APC MIB loaded? It is available from here -> http://www.apc.com/tools/download/index.cfm Also, any of the APC SNMP OIDs would start with .1.3.6.1.4.1.318 as 318 is the enterprise in the MIB. This is .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.apc.  You may need to specify where to start your walk I think and find the correct syntax, after you ensure you have the PowerNet MIB from APC compiled and loaded. 

Previous customers I've dealt with using snmpwalk have told me that they thought snmpwalk would poll the device for *ALL* possible OIDs a device provides and that the MIB file would help to map the friendly names to those OIDs but apparently snmpwalk also relies on some other definition (MIB or otherwise) of which specific OIDs to poll. I am not too familiar with it though and have only heard of its existance. 

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Pablo on APC forums on 6/23/2015

Angela,

Thank you.

I accesed to the PowerNet MIB script but I don't know how to install it, could you please provide me the steps?

ftp://ftp.apc.com/apc/public/software/pnetmib/mib/414/powernet414.mib

Terry_Kennedy_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/24/2015

Yup, snmpwalk will "fall off the end" of the SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2 tree. To get the vendor-specific information, you have to specify a starting OID on the snmpwalk command line. The user probably wants something like snmpwalk -c public -v 2c 10.80.18.200 1.3.6.1.4.1.318

On a Smart-UPS 1000 I have here, that returns 585 lines. The PowerNet MIB file is important if you have a monitoring system that can import it and display the actual OID descriptions, but for snmpwalk or other tools (such as MRTG), you can just specify the OID by number and not deal with importing the MIB file. Most of the OIDs of interest can be found with web searches like "APC runtime OID".

Unfortunately, the method for importing a MIB into a monitoring system is different for each of those systems, so you'll need to refer to the documentation for your monitoring system to determine how to import it.