Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82564members
350182posts

How does the EwsClient connect to EBO 3.2 if MD5 is not enabled

SmartConnector Forum

Discussion of SmartConnector applications for integration of various other building management systems (BMS) into EcoStruxure Building Operation

SteveGregory
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

How does the EwsClient connect to EBO 3.2 if MD5 is not enabled

With EBO 3.2, the MD5 hash is disabled by default and when connecting using an EwsClient from SmartConnector Nuget package 2.4.36.0 i get the following error: 

System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: 'The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Digest'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Digest realm="ews@SxWBM",qop="auth",algorithm="SHA-256",nonce="...

Should I be enabling MD5 in EBO (which works) or am i missing something when i create the EwsClient? Relevant snippets from my code below:

EwsServer EsSrv = new EwsServer()
{
UserName = "*******",
Password = "********",
EwsEndpoint = "http://192.168.68.200:88/EcoStruxure/DataExchange"
};

using (var ewsClient = CreateConnection(EsSrv))
{
GetAlarmEventsResponse activeAlarms = ewsClient.GetAlarmEvents(1, 3, "", null);

}

public class EwsServer
{
public string UserName { get; set; }
public string Password { get; set; }
public string EwsEndpoint { get; set; }
}

static EwsClient CreateConnection(EwsServer EsSrv)
{
var ewsSecurity = new EwsSecurity
{
UserName = EsSrv.UserName,
Password = EsSrv.Password
};
return new EwsClient(ewsSecurity, EsSrv.EwsEndpoint, EwsVersion.Ews12);
}

Attachments
1 Reply 1
JeffBowman
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: How does the EwsClient connect to EBO 3.2 if MD5 is not enabled

Hi Steve,

The MD5 setting (disabled or not) should have any influence on if this works or not!

I have just tested it locally, and it seems to work in either case.

Generally the error below is because the credentials are incorrect.. or the EBO server is out of Sockets.

I will reach out to you to debug.

Best Regards,

-Jeff

Tags (1)