Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84598members
353865posts

Voltage rating for devices

Power Distribution and Digital

Join experts & peers to learn, share and engage about the key trends of electrical distribution around safety, availability, efficiency and connectivity, as well as power standards & regulations. From design to implementation and operation, let’s discuss how digital and software are transforming your business and your day-to-day work.

Enzz
Cadet

Voltage rating for devices

Hi all

My question is-regardless whether a light switch is a 15 amp or a 20amp.. what is the maximum voltage rating? 
I am under the impression that it is 600 vac.. am I right or wrong? 

Thank you in advance for your help!!

2 Replies 2
Gregoire_Brun
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: Voltage rating for devices

hello @Enzz 

Could you precise product reference for what you need detail about maximum voltage?

Thanks 

Best regards

Tags (1)
RHH-Eltechna
Commander | EcoXpert Master Commander | EcoXpert Master
Commander | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

Re: Voltage rating for devices

Hello @Enzz,

''Could you precise product reference for what you need detail about maximum voltage?''

Yes, like @Gregoire_Brun I am a bit confused on what exactly it is you are asking.

Default info;

''Common voltages supplied by power companies to consumers are 110 to 120 volts (AC) and 220 to 240 volts (AC). The voltage in electric power transmission lines used to distribute electricity from power stations can be several hundred times greater than consumer voltages, typically 110 to 1200 kV (AC).'' -Wikipedia

Kind regards,

Rick - Eltechna B.V.
signature-RHHH
Tags (1)