Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82504members
350096posts

Premium PLC unitelway connection error

Modicon PAC Forum

This forum is for all Modicon users to share knowledge and best practices, submit and discuss ideas for product evolutions and innovation, ask questions and provide answers on the scope of Modicon PAC offers and ecosystem along the whole lifecycle: Modicon M580, Modicon M340, EcoStruxure Control Expert (Unity Pro), EcoStruxure Process Expert, integration with Aveva Software.

joel_mora_soati
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Premium PLC unitelway connection error

Hello experts,

I'm having problems connecting to a TSX P57104 Premium PLC.

I am using the cable TSXPCX1031 with an usb to serial  converter.

I configured the COM port accordingly to device manager assingment. PC and controller seens to connect but not communicate.

In driver manager when I try to start the test an error appeared : error "ENOERROR" (0) in function send and receive! 

Any thoughts about this issue?

Regards!

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
trowe
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Premium PLC unitelway connection error

Unitelway Drivers with USB to Serial convertors used to be a real pain due to the timing requirements of the protocol - Better to use a USB to Unitelway cable TSXCUSB485+TSX CRJMD 25 or the TSXPCX3030 (which is USB version of the cable you have).

However, depending on the actual USB/Serial converter used,  I have had success with the serial cable provided you use the latest Unitelway Driver  (V2.9IE19) and make sure in the driver config, on the  "Advanced" tab, you tick the "force virtual com port" option, this makes the driver more tolerance to the delays inherent in the usb to serial conversion.

Attachments
Tags (1)